Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 55-70 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 8 hours or overnight
Decorating Time: 30 minutes
2 Boxes Funfetti Cake mix
Water, eggs and oil according to recipe
4 containers purple colored icing
- Pour the cake mix in a bowl. Add the eggs, water and oil as per recipe and mix the batter accordingly to directions on the box
- Lightly spray your temp-tations® 3 Quart Basketweave Baker with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter in.
- Bake at 325° for 55-70 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Remove from pan and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- When completely cool, slice the cake into thirds horizontally. Separate the layers on the counter in front of you.
- Place the bottom layer on your temp-tations serving plater. With one can of the icing, evenly spread 1/3 of the can over the top of the bottom layer. Top with middle layer and spread top with the next 1/3 of icing. Take the top layer and put upside down on top of the icing, giving you a nice, flat top. Take the remaining icing and evenly spread over the top of the icing. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator. Lightly coat the sides of the cake with icing, to seal in any crumbs.
- Place a basketweave tip in an icing bag and fill with a container of icing, refilling as necessary.
- Hold the decorating bag at a 45° angle at 6:00 , with tip lightly touching the surface of the iced cake and the serrated side of the tip up. Squeeze, allowing icing to attach to surface, then continue squeezing out a vertical strip of icing from the top of the cake to the bottom. Stop squeezing; pull tip away.
- With bag at a 45° angle at 3:00, squeeze out short horizontal stripes of icing over the vertical line starting at the top. Spacing between horizontal stripes should be the same as the width of the tip opening; the length for each stripe should be identical.
- Squeeze next vertical line over ends of horizontal stripes. Start next set of horizontal stripes by burying the tip under the first (or previous) vertical line.
- Repeat vertical lines then horizontal stripes, always piping a single vertical line, until you have covered the area with basketweave. Each new set of lines should fit between the previous set.
- Switch to a star tip and pipe a border around the top and the bottom of the cake.